Titas Gas Transmission and Distribution Company Limited (TGTDCL) was formed in November 1964 as a joint Stock Company (Under the Company’s Act 1913) of the central Government of Pakistan on the one hand and Pakistan Shell Oil Company on the other, with a view to transmitting and distributing natural gas to the Dhaka city the then provincial capital of Pakistan from the discovered gas field called “Titas” located on the bank of the River Titas, within the close vicinity of the present Brahmanbaria district of Bangladesh. The authorized capital was Taka 17.8 million only, divided into 17800 shares of Taka 10.00 each. Ninety percent of the shares were subscribed by the then central Government of Pakistan and remaining ten percent by the Shell Oil Company.
During 1975, under the nationalization program, Govt. has brought back 10% share of Shell Oil Co. and Titas Gas T&D Co. Ltd. has become a 100% Government owned Company. Meanwhile, during August1974, Bangladesh Oil & Gas Corporation/Petrobangla and during October 1975, Ministry of Energy & Mineral Resources had been formed. TGTDCL has been placed under the administrative control of the newly formed ministry along with Petrobangla and its subsidiary Companys.
Titas Gas System the Daily average offtake of gas is 800 Million Cubic Feet (MMCF) and the yearly Revenue Earnings is Tk. 24000 million. The Company has so far given gas connection to around 9,73,419 customers (17 Power stations, 4 Fertilizer factories, 2953 Industrial units, 7832 Commercial units, 152 Seasonal units, 55 CNG and 968016 Domestic customers).
|Address||105, Kazi Nazrul Islam Avenue, Kawranbazar Commerial Area, Dhaka-1215, Bangladesh|
|Phone||Pabx (Head Office) - 02-9103960-69; 02-8150261; 02-8150805; 02-9144381; 02-9144383; 02-9144385|
|Category||Business & Finance >> Fuel|
|Total Views:||123 Users|