Agrani Bank Limited, a leading nationalized commercial bank was established on March 26, 1972 with the promulgation of Presidential Order no 26 of 1972. Under the Order Agrani Bank took over assets and liabilities of the Habib Bank Ltd. and Commerce Bank Ltd. functioning in the then East Pakistan.
The Agrani Bank Limited started operation with only 249 branches with its Head Office in Dhaka. There was hardly any liquid asset to run the operation of the Bank smoothly. The Bank resumed its operational activities with an authorized capital of Tk. 5.00 crore and paid-up capital of Tk. 1.00 crore. Initially the Bank had deposit of Tk. 96.17 crore, advances of Tk. 76.56 crore, borrowings of Tk. 29.48 crore and investment of Tk. 11.00 crore. The Bank had commercial relationship with only 41 overseas correspondents in 1972.
Besides commercial relationship with overseas correspondents Agrani Bank has also Special Taka Drawing Arrangements with 20 Exchange Houses including Agrani Exchange House Pte. Ltd. in Singapore, a subsidiary company fully owned by Agrani Bank.
|Adress||9D Dilkusha Commercial Area Dhaka-1000|
|Phone||PBX Range: 9566153-54 9566160-69,9566074-75|
|Fax||(+8802) 956 2346, 956 3662|
|Category||Business & Finance >> Bank|